Larvotto Limited (t/a Spruika and Larvotto) ("LRVO") respects your privacy. This policy sets out important information about how we use your personal data, so please read it carefully.
Larvotto Ltd (Spruika and Larvotto) of 71-75 Shelton Stree, Covent Garden, London, WC2H 9JQ is a registered data controller under data protection law. Details of our notification to the data protection regulator may be found in the Information Commissioner's Office Public Register of Data Controllers at https://ico.org.uk/ under registration number ZA562039..
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND HOW DO WE USE IT?
We will ask you to provide certain personal data when you buy a product, sign up for a newsletter or competition, create an account, or use our website at www.spruika.com (the "Site").
We use your personal data to:
- Fulfil orders and provide service information - we gather from you information about your product
selection, your name, delivery address, your payment information and any further information needed to
fulfil your order (such as any special delivery instructions). The information on your order marked * is
mandatory because without it we will be unable to fulfil your order.
- Process Returns and address complaints and queries - where you return a product or make a query
or complaint, we will keep the information you give us to ensure that we comply with our contractual and
regulatory requirements, to ensure appropriate further communication with you, and to improve our
products and services.
- Remember you and view activity on our Site - if you have allowed access to cookies (please see our cookies policy here for more information) our Site will automatically remember you the next time you visit, to pre-populate fields to make ordering easier and to improve your experience by directing you to
information on our Site that we think will be of interest to you. We also gather details of your visits to our
Site, including details of pages viewed, accessed or visited, your use of any interactive features on the
Site, and the length of your visit. We might also contact you to remind you about items in your shopping
basket which you have not checked out.
- Communicate product offers, events and competitions - we will use contact details you have given us, along with any information you have given us about your gender or age, and information about your previous orders to send you information about our products, offers and events that we think will be of interest to you. See HERE for details on how to unsubscribe from marketing.
- Update our records - we will periodically check that the personal data we store for the purpose of communicating with you is accurate. If you would like to update the personal data we hold about you, please update your account information and preferences on our Site.
- Legal purposes - we sometimes need to use personal data that we have gathered from you or third parties (such as law enforcement or credit reference agencies), or that you have provided to us, to comply with our legal obligations or for other legal reasons - for example to trace fraudulent transactions. We may also use your personal data where it is reasonable for us to do so and where there is no disadvantage to you.
- Report browsing information - we will collect information, if available, about your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
- System optimisation and testing – we use data to curate, implement and test new systems or processes to provide a better user-experience and expand our digital offering.
HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We obtain personal data:
- directly from you, for example when you place an order or sign up for our newsletter;
- by observing how you use our Site, for example from your transactions; or
- from other organisations such as credit reference and fraud prevention agencies. We use CCTV on our premises to ensure the safety and security of our staff and customers.
WHO DO WE SHARE PERSONAL DATA WITH?
To fulfil your orders and make the Site available, we may share your personal data with other members of our group of companies.
We may also share your personal data with the following categories of third parties:
- Our service providers where necessary to make products and services available to you and to promote our products and services to you, such as our suppliers of IT and marketing services.
- Credit reference, fraud prevention, and law enforcement agencies where it is necessary for us to do so to enforce a legal obligation or otherwise where it is fair and reasonable for us to do so for example for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Where necessary to protect the rights, property, or safety of our group of companies, our customers, or others we may share personal data with law enforcement agencies.
WHAT DO CREDIT REFERENCE AND FRAUD PREVENTION AGENCIES DO WITH MY INFORMATION?
You have a legal right to obtain details of those credit reference and fraud prevention agencies from whom we obtain and to whom we pass information about you. You also have a right to further details explaining how the information held by fraud prevention agencies may be used.
For further information about the use of your personal data by credit reference and fraud prevention agencies, please contact email@example.com
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS?
Access to your personal data: you may request access to a copy of your personal data.
Withdraw consent: you may withdraw your consent at any time. Please contact us using the details located below if you would like to withdraw your consent and we will delete your data in line with your right to erasure below.
Rectification: you may ask us to rectify inaccurate information held about you. If you would like to update the data we hold about you, please contact us on using the details below and provide the updated information or log on to your profile at https://www.larvotto.co.uk and update your information.
Erasure: you may ask us to delete your personal data. If you would like us to delete the personal data we hold about you, please contact us using the details below, specifying why you would like us to delete your person al data.
Portability: you may ask us to provide you with the personal data that we hold about you in a structured, commonly used, machine readable format, or ask for us to send such personal data to another data controller.
Make a complaint: you may make a complaint about our data processing activities to a supervisory authority, which for the UK is the Information Commissioner's Office, by visiting their website at HTTPS://ICO.ORG.UK/.
HOW LONG DO WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR?
We only store your personal data for as long as is necessary for the purposes listed in the 'What Information do we collect and how do we use it?' section above. We may have to keep some of your information (such as payments information) for longer where this is reasonably necessary or required by law or regulation, for instance, to prevent fraud or resolve disputes.
We may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our Site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. You can refuse to accept cookies by changing the settings on your browser. This may, however, mean you are unable to access certain parts of our Site. Please see our cookies policy here for further information.
LRVO is committed to protecting the security of your data. We will treat all of your information in strict confidence and we will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep your personal data secure once it has been transferred to our systems. We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal data and data stored on our Site and associated databases.
LRVO recommends that you take measures to better protect the information you provide online. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. For security purposes, your password should not be written down and should be regularly reset. A strong password should not include easily obtainable personal data, should be at least 8 characters in length, and should be a combination of letters and numbers.
All online purchases made through our Site take place safely, using the latest internet security technology to protect our customers. When we transmit sensitive information such as your credit card number and address details over the Internet, we protect it through the use of 128-bit encryption certificates and the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol - the industry-standard method for protecting web communications.
TRANSFERS OUTSIDE EUROPE
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We shall ensure that any such transfers are lawful and that your personal data is kept secure in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation. For more information on how we do this, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
We want to personalise your experience with LRVO so that you get the most relevant information about our products and services, at the right time. The most effective way of doing this is for LRVO to create a profile of you for marketing purposes, so that we can only recommend you the products we think you are going to like.
We will build your profile based on information you give us and we may supplement this information with marketing insight from third party companies and information in the public domain. We also use services such as Facebook’s Custom Audience and Google’s Customer Match.
You don’t have to give LRVO any of the following information but without it we cannot tailor our marketing to suit you and we may not be able to fulfil your order if you buy online.
When you sign up to receive our emails…
LRVO will remember your name, age, gender, postal address, phone numbers and e-mail address. If you tell us exactly what you’re interested in when you sign up, LRVO can make sure we only send you information about the products we know you want to hear about. To make sure LRVO only sends you the things you’ll love, his emails will collect information like whether you’ve opened or clicked the email, your device type and general area in which you open it.
When you go on our Site…
LRVO may analyse how you use our Site by recording your mouse clicks, mouse movements, page scrolling and any text keyed into website forms (not including bank details or any sensitive personal data).
LRVO uses this information to improve our Site usability and may use your activity on our Site to personalise marketing to you when you visit other websites.
When you make a purchase from us online or in store…
LRVO will remember your date of birth, gender and purchase history so we can make sure you’re the first to find out about products people like you are buying, and products that will complement the ones you have already bought from us.
If you don’t complete your purchase, LRVO will keep track of what you put in your shopping bag for when you return to our Site, and may remind you of what is in your shopping bag via email or banners on other websites.
When you link with us on social media…
LRVO may use the information you have publicly shared on social media to make sure you only get product recommendations from us that are suited to you. If you give us information about your friends (which you should only do with their permission), LRVO may recommend suitable products to them.
If you submit user generated content through our social media channels, we may use your username or email address to communicate with you, in addition to using your photo. The use of your photo would include, but not be limited to, LRVO's social media channels, website and in-store digital displays. We may also use your IP address and geolocation to filter content by region, country or other local area. Such data is only used with your consent.
You can unsubscribe from LRVO’s marketing communications at any time by clicking on the link found at the bottom of every marketing email, by updating your account preferences on our Site, or by emailing email@example.com. Please note that it may take up to 7 days for any changes to take effect. See here for details on how to unsubscribe from marketing.
HOW TO CONTACT US